Friday, January 7, 2011

It Has Only Just Begun

Dots on the Map is a way to share my interest and passion for history and photogrpahy. I live just outside the smallest county in the state of Tennessee, Moore County. Lynchburg is the home of Jack Daniel's Distillery...it's primary claim to fame. However, many people do not know the often untold or publicized histories of local people, buildings, and places. Starting with my immediate area, this blog will attempt to tell those stories, and will hopefully expand out into other small towns throughout the county. These small peices of the historical record are disappearing every day; laid to rest by the fast-paced and high tech world that is evolving around us. I vow to do my part to bring awareness to my followers of the rich histories that are present around us and to do my best to create a living legacy of those who came before.

I always welcome input from followers and would like to keep this blog as interactive for this community as possible. So, without any further ado, please join me in my cause and together we can bring history to life in our contemporary lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment