Friday, May 23, 2014

Short Update

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I last updated this site. My work as Director of the Fayetteville-Lincoln County Public Library has kept me busy...as has my 18 month old and graduate work. We have amazing things happening here at the Library, including access to Ancestry.com for our patrons (for FREE!) My recent writing has focused on some research into the Traveling Church out of Virginia that brought the Baptist faith to early Kentucky, and ultimately leads us to John Whitaker's arrival here in Mulberry. John is actually reference in the memoirs of the Rev. John Taylor during his time as a traveling minister in Kentucky. This is exciting because it actually links John Whitaker to a specific church at a specific time and provides further insight into the church he ultimately came to establish here in Lincoln County. This was an exciting discovery for me as a researcher, and it was a huge piece of information missing from my overall thesis research. I plan to take a trip up to Kentucky int he coming year to visit some sites and gather more documents. I will post some of the highlights from this most recent paper soon, as well as the quotes that tell us about John Whitaker's location in Kentucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment