Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Friends of the Fayetteville Library Fund Raiser

I am assisting the Friends of the Library organization in a fund raising event that will provide money for the library's genealogy room. The schedule is being firmed up right now, so I will have an official schedule up soon. As of now, we have talks confirmed for topics ranging from archaeology, local Civil War history, Native American cremation practices, and I will be speaking on my initial findings on my thesis research pertaining to the Mulberry Baptist Church and early slave relations.

The first speaker will hopefully be scheduled for June 26, and the series will run through the end of October with two speakers per month. We are aiming to end the series with a panel discussion on the relationship between Lincoln, Moore, and Madison Counties and Jack Daniel's whiskey. This is going to be an exciting series and I hope you will come out and learn a little local history!

No comments:

Post a Comment